Sunday, February 11, 2007

Stata Meeting 7th February 2007

Strata Arts Group Meetiung
7th February 2007 7.30 pm
Quarr Gallery

Those present::

Keith Roker, Phillipa Sherborne, Wendy Warham, Karen Delahay, Jonathan Sells, Shannon Ribbons, Peter John Cooper (minutes), Matt Wilkinson, Nick Goulding (Chair), Carlotta Barrow, Chris Burke. Paul Angel joined later

Jane Ramsey, Lesley Licudi, Antonia Phillips

2. Minutes of last meeting. No matters arising

3. Formation of company. The paperwork is now in place and just needs assembling and signing by putative directors. The following votes were taken:
i) That Strata should constitute itself as a group with a membership
Proposed: Nick Goulding
Seconded: Karen Delahay
Carried: Nem. Con.

ii) The membership fees until AGM should be £5 for individuals, £25 for corporate organisations. Concessions for members to include reduced rates for entrance to events and free web page on Strata web site.
Proposed: Wendy Warham
Seconded: Carlotta Barrow
Carried: Nem.Con.

It was agreed without a vote that the AGM should be September 2007.

iii) That a charitable company be set up with the following directors:
Matt Wilkinson, Paul, Angel, Nick Goulding, Lesley Licudi (Company Sectretary), Karen Delahay. Gary Suttle to act as Accountant
Proposed: Shannon Ribbons
Seconded: Keith Roker
Carried: Nem. Con.

4. Website. Shannon pointed out that no-one had yet contacted him with web-page requirements. Paul and Richard Jeffrey will meet with Shannon to talk about content management software. Peter and Matt will continue with content and diary.

5. Project Progress. Carlotta reported on continuing progress with the Paintings on the Prom. There had been a meeting with PDC who had come back with some objections to sites chosen. Planning is now the main hurdle to overcome. There are some alternatives to preferred sites. Carlotta was still planning for an unveiling of the first three sites by Purbeck Art Week..

It was suggested that these paintings could form the basis of a calendar and diary.

The Hoteliers had expressed interest in developing an Arts Festival in Swanage. The week before Art Week had been suggested. Keith urged Strata to get involved in planning for this. Karen agreed to communicate ith Hoteliers.

Matt announced a 2 day festival at Holton lee on 15th to 17th June.

The Youth and Community Centre is due to take delivery of a digital recording studio on Friday this week. Bookings can be made through Matt.

The Circus Skills School at the Youth and Community centre was in some danger of closing because of new booking arrangements by Dorset County Council. The School cannot afford new advance fees. It was suggested that this is an ideal subject for a grant application.

The first Open Mike Happening at Bar One proved to be a good evening with 25 people attending. The second happening will be downstairs at Alfie’s Restaurant on Wednesday 21st February at 7.30

Members were reminded that projects were required by the Creative Dorset partnership.

There is a Quiz Night at California Barn on 17th February. Everyone invited.

The Meeting running late, no further business was conducted.

Next meeting: Wednesday 7th March at 7.30 pm at Sandi Clarke's House.

No comments: